This banana blackberry protein smoothie is packed with healthy fats, protein, and carbs, making it the perfect breakfast option for those who have busy mornings!
Breakfast is seriously the most important meal of the day. It fuels your body up for the day ahead and starting a morning without it is almost like trying to start a car without gas. Plus, various studies have proven that skipping breakfast can raise our risk of obesity, and we don’t want that now do we?
Quite frequently people skip breakfast because they’re in a hurry, and they don’t have the time to prepare food and eat before leaving to work. This is where the all-mighty SMOOTHIE comes in. Not only can you prepare it in a jiffy, but it can also be enjoyed on-the-go.
Say hello to the Banana Blackberry Protein Smoothie. Packed with healthy fats, protein, and carbs – this smoothie is the perfect breakfast option for those who have busy mornings. Soooo, let’s get to it!
⅓ cup (50 g) rolled oats (uncooked)
½ cup (100 ml) unsweetened almond milk
Large banana (~140 g)
1 cup (100 g) raw cauliflower
1 scoop (30 g) vanilla protein
½ cup (70 g) Blackberries
Almond flakes (optional)
Handful of ice cubes
1. Combine and blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender, except the almond flakes and half of the blackberries.
2. Garnish with the remaining blackberries and almond flakes.
- If you don’t have protein powder, you can add plain yogurt for extra protein
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, use frozen bananas, blackberries, and cauliflower
- If you prefer an even thicker consistency, feel free to add more cauliflower – as long as you don’t go overboard you won’t even taste it, plus it’s a vegetable that barely has any calories so you don’t even have to count it!