This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read our disclosure.
Looking for a quick lunch recipe? These chicken taquitos are not only super easy to make, but they’re healthy too! Made from only 3 main ingredients, you won’t believe something so simple good be oh so delicious.
What I love most about these chicken taquitos (apart from how delicious they are) is that they don’t require any silverware and they aren’t messy to eat. So when you’re in a rush, you can literally just grab them right after they pop out of the oven and go!
Plus, for an even quicker lunch idea, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them.
Now, let’s get down to business, shall we?
3 oz (85 g) chicken fillet
1 oz (28 g) light cheese (shredded)
1 corn tortilla
1. Cook the chicken in a small pan
2. Shred the chicken (or cut it into small pieces) and a sprinkle salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
3. Place the shredded chicken over the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese
4. Roll up the tortilla and bake at 350 F (175 C) until crispy (about 12 minutes)
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before you dig in!
The taquitos go great with salsa or guacamole, but if you don’t have time to prepare them, just grab some tomato puree and mix with the spices you added in the taquitos – this makes for a great spicy tomato sauce!