This post may contain affiliate links. For more info please read our disclosure.
With the perfect combination of sweet and salty, this roasted beet salad is so delicious, it’ll have your taste buds screaming ‘give me more’ as soon as you’re through with it!
But before we get down to this delicious roasted beet salad – could we just take a moment of silence to appreciate the benefits of eating beets?!
From lowering blood pressure to strengthening the immune system to fighting inflammation to supporting brain and bone health to boosting the stamina – the list goes on and on… No wonder this sweet, deep red vegetable is considered a superfood.
Now that we’ve got that covered, a little bit about the recipe…
This roasted beet salad is the perfect combination of sweet (from the beets) and salty (from the goat cheese) – and the best part is that it has no added sugar all! The sweetness comes completely from the roasted beets it’s more than enough – in fact, after roasting them, the beets taste so sweet as if were caramelized with extra sugar!
You may enjoy this easy-to-prepare salad as either a main course or side dish. Also, feel free to use a different kind of cheese or nuts if you don’t have these on hand – I just find walnuts and goat cheese taste the best for me!
1 medium beet (about 6.3 oz; 180 g)
Pinch of salt
2 tsp (about 0.35 oz; 10 g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cups ( about 1.7 oz; 50 g) arugula
⅛ cup (about 1 oz; 30 g) goat cheese
⅛ cups (about 0.5 oz; 15 g) walnuts
1 (about 6.3 oz; 180 g) medium beet
Pinch of salt
1 tsp (about 0.18 oz; 5 g) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Chop beets into cubes and mix with half of the olive oil and pinch of salt
- Place beets into oven and roast for about 40 mins
- After beets are roasted, toss them in a bowl together with arugula, goat cheese, and walnuts
- Top of with the rest of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- This recipe makes for one main dish serving of about two side dish servings
- Since this salad has natural sugar in it (from the beets), I would recommend having it on the first part of the day, rather than in the evening 🙂
Please comment or share to let us know what you think about this recipe! Your opinion means a lot 🙂